I have had the idea of this next quilt in my head for weeks now. I purchased the designs "Heather Feather" by Sarah Vedeler and bought some Kona cotton solids fabrics for the project. Both items have been waiting for me to come up with my layout design. Well, I finally figured it out and started yesterday. It's been a while since I have used my brother sewing machine for embroidery but all seems to be going ok. Here are a few pictures.
|The appliqué shapes fused down awaiting the filling stitches|
|The design takes two hoopings, this picture shows the filler designs during the second hooping.|
|The finished design - 3 more to go to finish the centre.|
Here is a short video showing the machine stitching.